On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Leon Bass wrote:

> Like everything else, When it's new everyone wants a piece, can you talk
> to anyone who has used it for at least 5 years, I doubt it.
> Whoever is placing the future of their company on this brand new
> technology better think twice.

FUD.  Many many backbones rely on Juniper....MCI Worldcom..........Level
3.......etc.

> If you are smart, you better have an ole reliable Cisco box sitting
> close by, just in case Juniper comes up with an error, the technical
> support has not even seen yet, and You wouldn't know that would you, who
> can you call and compare with, NOBODY.

Umm, just one problem with that.  Cisco does not make products at this
time that have the packet processing capibility of Juniper.

> New technology is fine and good, but rest assure there will be bugs,
> don't even fool yourself, because if you do, YOU won't be in this field
> very long.
> Just a thought, a technical ONE.

Many of the very people that made Cisco the de-facto standard are the ones
behind Juniper..........some of the top engineers even.

brian