From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ben
Lovegrove
Sent:   Thursday, September 28, 2000 11:57 PM
To:     Chuck Larrieu; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Juniper

Absolutely.  The Juniper M20, M40, and M160 Internet Backbone Routers
are sometimes chosen instead of the Cisco 12000 Series.  Press reports
say that Juniper has gained some of the market share at Cisco's expense
in this area.  They have just released the smaller M5 and M10.

No doubt Cisco are well aware, and even as we speak steps are being
taken to ensure that Cisco regain their lost ground and reaffirm
themselves as Masters of the Universe ;-)

see www.juniper.net

--- Chuck Larrieu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > May I clarify
something? Because I believe that Juniper is high end
> core /
> carrier class type equipment. Am I correct? We are not talking about
> replacing  2501's , or 3640's, or even 7500's. We are talking stuff
> used to
> terminate many multiple OC3 and higher? Correct?
>
> Chuck

=====
Ben Lovegrove, CCNP (+ Security)
Redspan Solutions Ltd
http://www.redspan.com
Cisco: Products, Training, Jobs, Study Guides, Resources.