It seems to be that the EIGRP packets are sent out, but then never
acknowledged. What concerns me is that in the TCP/IP bible for the ccie's,
there is a reference to the exact problem on pg 392. They say that the
packets are being filtered. I know that the otherside router has access
lists, attached below, but that is for the redistribution into the other
process. I can't see that being an issue as there is no access list applied
to the physical token ring port.

Other router:

router eigrp 1997
 redistribute ospf 100
 passive-interface Serial0
 passive-interface Serial0.1
 passive-interface Serial0.2
 passive-interface Serial0.1111
 passive-interface Serial1
 network 10.0.0.0 ( Our network)
 default-metric 256 2000 255 255 1000
 distribute-list 11 out ospf 100
 no auto-summary
!
router ospf 100
 summary-address 10.60.0.0 255.255.0.0
 redistribute eigrp 1997 metric 1000 metric-type 1 subnets
 passive-interface TokenRing0 (Link to our router)
 network 57.248.8.104 0.0.0.3 area 10 (Other network)
 network 10.60.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 10
 distribute-list 12 out eigrp 1997
!
access-list 11 deny   57.0.0.0 0.255.255.255
access-list 11 permit any
access-list 12 permit 10.60.0.0 0.0.255.255