I would start looking at the following:

Upgrade to at least 12.0.9. There are a number of bugs
that are in the 11.2 series that might impact you - a
sweep of the bug list would be in order.

Make sure that the other router did not alter their
timers/parameters.

Place an analyzer on the link or, outside of
production, run a debug from the console. You should
easily see the purge or other event.

The oddity here is the timing - 120 seconds is not a
'common' EIGRP timer issue - 5 seconds for T/R and
blah, blah, blah...

There is an error for the TRIP with 11.2.16 that you
might want to look at in CCO - they don't note a
timer, but at a high level there may be a link.