Well, I sat the new CID beta on Saturday and I have to
say that I've never been so frustrated with an
examination. Just to provide some insight, I wrote
what likely amounted to over seven pages of comments
for review by the test administrators (hopefully they
will get reviewed).

As more people take this test I would like to get
their feedback. Likely we will revise the CID Sybex
text to reflect the few items that have changed
(objectives), and I am hoping that Cisco will review
this exam before release and improve it. The former
CID (still current) has certainly had its share of
critics, and unfortunately, the 1996/1997 version of
the test (minor upgrades) is still in use today. The
new exam fails to address design and the few really
good questions are lost in a sea of erred, poorly
worded and sometimes obscure ones. It also misses some
excellent opportunities to query on newer subjects
like broadband and redundancy. There also seems to be
a lot of overlap from questions that are in the RA,
Switching and Routing examinations - CCDP is after
most of the CCNP track for many, so why the review?

I don't want to taint others' opinions and will not
violate the NDA, but I think that this is a severe
disappointment. I, for one, had high hopes that Cisco
was focusing on design (CCIE) as a core competency,
and that this would improve the CID/CCDP.

In answer to Hubert's question, the preparation tools
for CID 3.0 will likely provide enough to just barely
pass the beta for most. Of course, its hard to say
what the real exam will lead to. There are some new
topics on the exam, and some of the questions are
asked in a very strange way. I believe that the beta
has no fewer than five questions that are completely
erred, plus another assortment that are just bad
questions. If one has some good experience and the
CCNP exams under their belt they should be able to
make a go of it. For the record, the beta does still
contain items that have been removed from other exams
including some legacy protocols. The Sybex book has
roughly all the material except for perhaps six
percent of the beta - you'd pass, but again... BTW -
Some of the questions are excellent and compound
concepts - these are excellent questions and well
beyond, say, "What does this thing mean?"

Good luck.

--- Hubert Pun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is the Boson Test #1 and the CID text itself still
> good for the CID beta
> test?  anyone take it and notice big difference with
> the original
> CID3.0?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====