I would be the first to agre that the Sybex CID text
barely prepares one for the beta CID exam. (Since I
wrote it I can say that!) They are close, but the beta
exam, as I posted previously, is very poor and
hopefully will be revised in the near future. I will
likely start working on a revision of the CID book for
the new test once Cisco works out the beta and
releases the final.

There has been a lot of chatter on this board about
the current CID book. I will not defend it per se, but
rather let the hundreds of satisified readers do that
if they wish. It has been critiqued for having too
much 'extra', i.e., non-exam, based information in it
and not providing all the answers to the exam. Guilty
on both counts. I believed that one could pass the
exam with the material in the text at the 60% point,
and used the other 40% to augment the text with
real-world examples of what one would need to know in
order to really design a network. Knowing the
backplane speed of a ZXC ATM switch in my opinion is
not really a design question, but the book provides
that information and exceeds the information in
Cisco's objectives, course materials, examinations and
Web pages in terms of content. Yes, under the NDA, and
as noted in the book, I, nor any other author, will
spoon-feed the answers. It is not fair to do so - nor
would it add to the value of the certifications.

--- Shane Stockman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well I wrote the CID Beta exam earlier today and
> damn was it crap.My exam
> said Cisco Secure VPN on the top.It seemed like it
> was a test that was made
> up of alot of different tests.I did'nt know that
> Voice and VPN and numerous
> other non related design topics were part of the new
> CID.I used the Sybex
> CID book and it barely was enough.I felt more like
> it was a nail the sucker
> who thought he was going to save some money on a
> Beta Exam.
>
> Any comments from others who have taken this exam

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Robert Padjen