Hi All,

Finally we are able to solve the problem. The problem
was with the Sonicwall Firewall. It had a older
firmware which used to make the DHCP server in the
network unavailable. This was the reason why non of
the PC in the network were able to get the IP address
from the DHCP server. Here came the MS AIPC which
assigned the 169.254.x.x ip addresses to the new
pcs(logon).

I should thank everbody who had replied or guided me
in the right direction. I was really humbled to get
help from people like you all. Please continue to help
others.

Thanks once again.

Saswata

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/backgrnd/html/pnpip.htm