On May 28,  9:48am, "Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote:
} >Chuck Larrieu mentioned,
}
} >I believe the 169.250.0.0 is a Microsoft reserved address. Microsoft, if
} >memory serves, uses it in conjunction with their automatic network
} >configuration A search of the RFC's did not reveal anything.
}
} As I remember, it's buried in the DHCP specification, or even a draft
} revision.  I vaguely remember a proposal to document 169.254/16, but
} can't remember if that was a draft or RFC.

     It was a draft, which has expired.  I used to have a reference to
the draft, but I don't know where it is at the moment.  However, a
search of Internet Drafts at http://www.ietf.org/ turned up the
following URL:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-01.txt

which appears to be an updated version of the draft (covers machines
with multiple interfaces).  Surprisingly, it was written by somebody at
Apple.

}-- End of excerpt from "Howard C. Berkowitz"