From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Frank Wells
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 10:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ISDN Simulator

Buy a real one if you are planning on going for the CCIE.  You will need it.
  You could rent the lines but it is like pouring money down the drain
because you will not get it back.  You can resell your used simulator for
the same as you paid for it after your done with it!

Bear in mind, the CCIE lab retest schedule is approaching 6 months.  If you
fail it the first time you are going to have to rent those lines for quite a
bit longer than you expected to originally.  With setup fee's and monthly
charges you could pay up to $500.00 for six months. If you need them longer,
keep adding monthly charges to that number!

BTW, with the inclusion of IPSec in the CCIE lab you may also want to invest
in a telephone line simulator too.  Teltone makes a number of decent ones.

Expect to pay close to $1600.00 for a Teltone ISDN demonstrator, used or
new, and the Telco sim will be between 200 and 500 depending on the model.

Most importantly for CCIE candidates, the sim products cannot do a fraction
of the scenarios you will need to know for the CCIE.

Think of is as an insurance policy against lack of ISDN knowledge!