But the third octet, would be 00000100, which is contained within the subnet
portion of the address, so how can this be subnet zero.
I agree that 192.16.4.0 with 255.255.255.252 would be a subnet zero, because
the fourth octet would be 00000000 - 00000011 and only the 6 MSB's count.

If I'm being thick you're going to have to ram it down my neck.
I would like to make my excuses now, it's getting late in U.K.

Gareth

94qe36$vpl$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:94qe36$vpl$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...