>Well, to be honest, Foundry plays only in the peripheral internet market
>space with the BigIron Product line, however they do nothing at the core.
>So, to include them in the same grouping as the others would be misleading.

Just for information, Foundry and Extreme are heavily represented at
European intercarrier exchange points, although I would agree that's
not the core.   Exchange points, however, interconnect routers, but
the exchange fabric is rarely involved in heavy-duty BGP; it's mostly
a layer 2 application.  If the provider routers don't do the BGP,
then they very well may be peered to a pure route server (i.e., that
does no forwarding) running on a UNIX box.  Interestingly, exchange
point UNIX boxes are sometimes deliberately different hardware and
different UNIX flavors, to protect against a common implementation
bug.