Intersting thread. I didn't know cisco defined a small business so
strictly. Is that an exam question? :)

Of course the bottom line is, you make technology recommendations on
what the business can handle, what they require, and what they can
afford. At some intersection of this triad, an answer may surface.

I am fortunate in that my experience with networking people have all
been with knowledgable and clever folks.