What other suggestions do you have for a large customer with a large amount
of sites that wants to connect securely, but cheaply in the long run?
$39/mo. per site for 384K guaranteed access is all they're seeing right now,
vs. 128K ISDN for twice as much, and an Access Server at the central site as
well, which they wouldn't need so long as they have internet connectivity
(which they do).  This current customer is a law enforcement office with 30+
remote sites and the main site has T3 access to the main county office, and
from there out to their PBI T3 internet access, and this current internet
access doesn't come from their budget.  The biggest problem is that
PacBell/ASI is uncooperative at this point and doesn't want them taking a
cheap solution.  No doubt they'd rather sell them another T3 at the main
site with T1s to all the remote sites.  30 sites at government T1 access is
around $150 + mileage, and a couple $K for the T3.  Do the math, and even
with occasional outages (which are acceptable to this customer), the cost
savings can't be overlooked.  Worst case, we'll probably configure a small
access server and external modems off the AUX ports of the 1720s for backup
dialing (another advantage of having the ADSL WIC so the router actually
knows when the link goes down).

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+