Thanks for the advice, I'll check out that PVC.  Basically, we get Layer 1
connectivity to the ATM switch, but are failing to bring the PVC up (ILMI
errors).  As I said, I'm not ATM expert.  I don't think we're even to the
PPPoE stage of authentication (debug ppp negotiation & debug ppp
authentication never show any lines).

The PVCs I do know about are 0/35 or 8/35, which work on the static/Enhanced
DSL lines I've configured.

Does ATM have a way of "auto detecting" the PVCs?  I mean, how does the
Alcatel chipset (for instance, in the Westel Wirespeeds we're issued) know
what PVC?  At my house the PVC is 8/35, which works fine with my Westel, but
the PVC is different at this PPPoE site, but yet the Westel knows or figures
it out (I've tried my Westel at this PPPoE site just for kicks, and it works
fine with the EnterNet 300 software on the PC).

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+