No, I don't think so.

>  Is there a way to force it
> > to use the bandwidth from both paths?

Cisco lets you implement one spanning-tree per VLAN. So with redundant
links and VLANs, you can accomplish what you want. I can't remember exactly
how it works, but I think you put every port in two VLANs. I talked about
this in my book, Top-Down Network Design, and you can see the figure for
the design here:

http://www.priscilla.com/topdownupdates.html

Hope this helps a bit. Maybe somebody else remembers more details. (I
didn't get into the details in my book, and now I've forgotten them! &;-)

Priscilla