I don't think you can put a single port on two VLANS unless you configured
trunking if my memory serves me right.

with Per VLAN spanning tree a particular switch can belong to multiple
instances of spanning tree and in each spanning tree instance, it might be
acting as a root bridge, some ports might be in blocking mode or forwarding
depending on what VLAN it belongs, too.

I believe the design that you had drawn shows the access layer switches are
trunking to Switch A and B to provide redundancy in case of failure in
switch A or B. Also, each switch in the access layer can run up to 2
instances of spanning tree on each VLAN which are carried through the trunk
ports only if Cisco switches are used.

Link:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_5_2/config/s
pantree.htm#xtocid2879614