Adding a secondary IP address won't affect the number of broadcast domains.
Secondary IP addressing is a network-layer configuration. Broadcasts are a
physical and data-link layer issue. All stations in a LAN hear each others
broadcasts because they either share a cable, are connected via hubs which
forward all bits, or are connected via switches which forward all broadcasts.

Here's an analogy:

You live on First Street. One afternoon, instead of cursing at your
routers, you take out your frustration by yelling out your window, "Hey
neighbors, I think you're all ugly." Now let's say that some of your
neighbors decide to rename their side of the street from First Street to
Main Street. When you yell out the window, won't they still hear you?
Renaming their street would be like giving them IP addresses in a different
subnet.

Now, who can follow up with a VLAN example??! &;-)

Priscilla