On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Dan West wrote:

> Wow, 3-4 weeks and I'm behind the times already ;>
>
> It doesn't hurt that Cisco can just purchase other
> companies' products and make them their own. I'm not
> sure about this case, but I know that the Catalyst
> switch series was purchased (the whole company?) by
> Cisco and the same with Aeronet ( the wireless lan
> device ).

The Catalyst switches were multiple companies, for example:

Catalyst 3000's came from Kalpana
Catalyst 2800's came from Grand Junction
Catalyst 5000's came from Crescendo
Catalyst 3900's came from Osicom
etc

> --- Roger Sohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  Actually, that's not true anymore.  Cisco released
> > their OC192 routers
> > about 3-4 weeks ago and it performs and scales
> > better than Juniper's
> > routers.
> >
> > Juniper's equipment doesn't scale well and
> > performance loss is experienced
> > under a full loaded node of interface cards.
> > Cisco's stuff doesn't do this
> > and because of their independent architecture and
> > design, everything runs at
> > a carrier class level whether it has just one card
> > or 8.
> >
> > Juniper was first to come out with the fastest
> > backbone routers, but because
> > Cisco retains the carrier class reliability,
> > performance, and
> > scalability...that's why it took them a bit longer.
> > I guess it's worth the
> > wait.

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-222-2638 x 109        318-222-2638 x 101

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
1401 Oden St.
Suite 18
Shreveport, LA 71104