"W. Alan Robertson" wrote:

>This is not the first time I've heard this; major ISPs utilizing Juniper in
>parts of their core, but always using Cisco at the edge.

Perhaps as ISPs expand, they migrate their existing boxes to the edge. Just
as their old 7500's moved to the edge when the 12000's came out.  Now the
12000's move out to the edge when the Juniper's came out.  Just a
thought...not sure that they did this.  It would seem very wasteful to pitch
a 12000...why not reuse it...

>topics, and Juniper came up.  He had mostly good things to say about them,
>particularly about their speed (He was a relatively new employee at
>Cisco...  He
>might not have drank the Kool-Aid yet).

must be some powerful stuff :-)