Hi, I'm wondering how a decnet node finds the gateway off the local area?

Example, area is 2, router decnet address is 2.1000.  The decnet address on
the router is changed to 2.1010.  Do the nodes, Alpha box with 2.17 address
for example, figure it out on there own by listening, does the router
advertise that it's the gateway to other areas, or do the nodes require
configuration for the change?

I'm going to be moving a couple of routers running decnet as well as IP and
would like to avoid problems.  I've looked at a few links on cisco.com and
it sounds like the router makes some type of advertisement (hello) but I'd
like to be sure.

thanks if you can help
dave h