Hey Group,

Thanks for all the input -- I really do appreciate it.

Just to add a few facts to this -- the company that called me -- is a Cisco
SILVER partner -- not simply a pure unadulterated head-hunter -- sort of a
hybrid (like EIGRP!! ).

Of course it goes without saying that -- as one person said -- it's an
on-the-job-interview. If I -- or any of the others who report on day 1
aren't acceptable -- then we simply are not there on Day 2.  But what does
it say about the Silver Partner?? Is this guy honest?? If he fails to
properly screen the people he sends to the client -- isn't he -- at the very
least -- intellectually dishonest?? And if that's true -- how would he treat
his employees?? Would he promise the moon (e.g. oh yeah, paychecks every two
weeks) and then not come through??

Who is our loyalty to go towars?? The client -- who we know is being given
less than bargained for -- or the guy who's paying for our salary?? I
already know the practical answer -- but somewhere in those Cisco books we
all study -- I'm sure it also says that we are to have honesty and integrity
in our dealings with clients. Doesn't it?????? Oh well. . . .

Thanks again to all of you for your time in answering.

Gerg Macaulay
Oldest CCNP/DP on Earth (really!!!)
Lifetime member of AARP
Retired Attorney/Law Professor