My friend was hired for the City/County of SF for $96K/year 3 months ago
with just his CNE.  Plus they bought out the rest of his $150K contract with
his previous employer, and paid for all the training he owned his former
employer (he'd been working exclusively for this customer anyway for the
last 6 mos.)

Granted, he knows ZEN and can image every PC on their entire network in 15
minutes and replaced 5 help-desk folks who used to do what ZEN does in a few
clicks of a button (they still kept a few screwdrivers to replace hardware).
And that's just the eye-candy stuff that his manager likes to show off, he's
got a solid years as a CNE under his belt (and not for mom-and-pop networks,
but for large enterprise clients) plus a year as an understudy before.

Of course, this guy is sharp as a TAC (pun-intended).  He'll pick up his
MCSE 2000 by the end of the year if he applies himself (he did the CNE5 in 3
months of self-study and building his own servers, plus hands-on experience
as an understudy to some of our ECNE/MCNE's).  That is, if he ever goes
home.  Heh, he even keeps a cot and a change of clothes at the office for
those late nights.

The funniest thing is that his house cost less than 10 months of his gross
salary.  But then he lives out in sticksville (but they do have
cablemodems).

I dunno, I find it kinda funny because he's the guy that came over with RH5
one day two years ago and said, "Hey, you wanna install this?" and we
proceeded to waste the night away and piss off both of our Wives.  Hehee.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Brian""  wrote in message
> Novell certification, let's look at what kind of jobs that gets you.
>
> 1 a job at a company which is migrating from Novell to NT, and will let
> you go when the transition is complete.
>
> 2 a job at a company that is too cheap to replace its legacy mishmash
> network.
>
> I'll pass either way.
>
> Brian "Sonic" Whalen
> Success = Preparation + Opportunity
>

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Donald B Johnson jr wrote:
>
> > The Grand dad of all certs and now it is sneared at.
> > I am not working on a novell network so I let that slide at 4.11. never
> up'd
> > to 5
> > Don

CCIE