From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Daniel Wilson
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 10:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: BGP for 2 T1's to one LAN [7:7511]

The quick responses on this group are great!  Thanks for the help so
far.

The content is not static.  The sites in question run e-commerce.  We
could look at setting up access from both servers to the same DB server
over an internal network ... so that would answer that objection to the
solution you offered.

I started by asking questions on a different group about round-robin
DNS.
What I was
told was that since we don't control anyone else's DNS caching settings
(our TTL entries etc. are really only suggestions) that when one T1 goes
down & we change the DNS settings to point to only the other line
clients & other DNS servers would still try to access the downed T1.  Is
this accurate as far as you know?  If round robin DNS will provide
fault-tolerance, that's great.  If not ... we need to look elsewhere.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Wilson, BSCS, MCP
Application Developer