> If the ISP dies then, yes you'll lose both sites, but the world is a single
> point of failure.

Unfortunately, all the ISP's we've worked with are much more likely to fail
than the
world is or the Internet at large is.  Both ISP's we have now (names
withheld to protect
the guilty) have bad habits of messing up their routing tables and cutting
us off.  We
will do a trace from the outside and find to routers looking at each other.
Makes for
comical traceroutes, but doesn't keep e-commerce running.

With one ISP we have to wade through support personel who think that
bringing us cell
phones will be a temporary solution before we finally (maybe) talk to
someone who knows
a router from a microwave oven.  The other ISP will tell us "we can't telnet
to your
router.  Go power-cycle it & call back."  Or they'll say, "we are connected
to your
router.  Are you sure there's a problem?"  So we are trying hard to get out
of being
dependent on any one provider.

Thank you all for all the help

--