Thank you very much Kevin!!!  Let's say I assign a administrative distance
of 180 to a static route (backup route).  It should not show up and be used
in "show ip route", given that the default route is active.  If I
redistribute this static route (assigned with admin distance of 180) to the
EIGRP, will it still be in passive mode and won't overide the default route
on the EIGRP Autonomous System???  Again, Thanks alot!!!

"Kevin Wigle""  wrote in message
> Yes,
>
> This is normally called a "floating static"
>
> Configure the static with a higher admin distance.  While the default
route
> is valid, the static will not show up in "sh ip route".
>
> Once the default fails, the floating static route will be installed into
the
> routing table and it will be visible in "sh ip route".
>
> Kevin Wigle

EIGRP,