Gareth

That is the issue. All ports on S1 were assigned to VLAN 10 and all
ports on S2 were assigned to VLAN 11. So I had to do something to make
S1 aware of VLAN 11 and S2 aware of VLAN 10. So that is why I configured
each switch in the server mode so that they would tell each other about
the VLAN which the other was not aware of.

Thanks.