Yeah that was sort of what I was getting at.
It would be nice if you could put the switches into a learning mode, where
all server mode switches learn from all other server mode switches
initially, but that's not the case, so one of them will decide it's got the
highest VTP version and all others VLAN info will be wiped out.
I can't remember what the negotiation process consists of when both versions
are zero, or if I ever knew. It's not an ideal way of doing it anyway.
Probably easier to cut/paste vlan info on to one switch and make sure it's
got the highest version.

I've got a few sites with multiple 5500's in one VTP domain and they're all
set to Server mode. Never caused any problems I can think of.
Off to get another book out to find out which switch wins when both are
version zero.

Gaz