chaps,

what is happeneing is a loop.....

when you config in a VTP rev of 0 ,the processing of this command causes a
fresh lookup of all vlan info relevant to vlan`s in the routers memeory...

( PLEASE don`t pick to many pieces in this ...i just outlining the problem
,and have a VERY shakey recolection of bieng told this once.......also it`s
the way the cisco ios proccesess commands)

seeing vlan info in the memeory/config it recognises this as a change and
updates the VTP rev..(if in server mode)

causing a change to be sent to your server switch s2 overwriting it`s config
,causing a rev update ,causing an update to be sent to s1

and thus casuing the great VTP "chain of life".....

the first answer you recieved forkmk nigel is right "again as far as i can
remeber"..

HTH

steve