                From:   Glenn Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Monday, September 10, 2001 2:59 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        RE: Is this going to be a trend for the CCIE
cert??? [7:19296]

                While I agree that such an arbitrary distinction has the
potential to be
                abused, this person is likely looking (hoping) for some
heightened level of
                assurance that candidates will have many, many years of
experience.  I don't
                know enough CCIEs to comment on the validity of such an
assumption regarding
                the correlation/magnitude of relevant experience with a
given CCIE number.
                However, my guess is that simply by virtue of having such a
low number that
                quite a few of the "early CCIEs" are now firmly entrenched
in the upper
                ranks of management (and thus possibly, but not necessarily,
out of touch
                with current technology in the field) -- but that assumption
could be quite
                flawed.

                Worst case scenario -- give the recruiter your number in
HEX, maybe they
                will be unable to convert it properly :-)
                (just kidding of course)