Oh no you don't!  As the resident caffeine addict, I think I should have
first dibs on that one.  ;-)  But since I'm such a nice guy I'd let you
have it in trade for a year's supply of Folger's  coffee (I have no
standards )

John

>>> "Leigh Anne Chisholm"  9/10/01 3:29:16 PM >>>
When they get close to giving out Certification "C0FFEE", let me know.
I'll
be there with bells on!  (-:

Of
> Priscilla Oppenheimer
> Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 3:21 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Is this going to be a trend for the CCIE cert???
[7:19296]

> At 03:58 PM 9/10/01, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> >While I agree that such an arbitrary distinction has the potential
to be
> >abused, this person is likely looking (hoping) for some
> heightened level of
> >snip
> >
> >Worst case scenario -- give the recruiter your number in HEX, maybe
they
> >will be unable to convert it properly :-)
>
> CNX numbers really were in Hex! Mine is 01CCDD. ;-)
>
> Priscilla
>

> >(just kidding of course)

[7:19296]

> >I was just cruising on the dice jobs board when something caught my
> >attention.
> >
> >dice.com/DandL/k/ktii.213.html (paste into your browser)
> >

> >This is the first time that I've personally seen a recruiter
> target a number
> >range for a CCIE job!!!
> >
> >My question aloud is this -
> >
> >With the impending CCIE #10,XXX coming by next year are we going to
find
> >that there is going to be the perception that the higher your number
the
> >less value to the customer/employer/client.
> >
> >Of course, the headhunter/manager will never even comprehend
> that the CCIE
> >made today has a much broader range to cover as say the CCIE of
> 3 to 5 years
> >ago. NO, I NOT BASHING ANYONE JUST STATING A FACT.. :-)
> >
> >DAMN! I knew I should not have procrastinated for the past year
before
> >stepping up to the lab. I can just hear it now.
> >
> >Me: "Yes, I'm CCIE #xyz"
> >
> >Headhunter: "Thank you, but we're looking for a CCIE from block
#abc"

> >I hope this does not become the quid pro quo among
> >managers/headhuters/recruiter or this could be a bad sign for the
CCIE in