I'm sorry you can't have that number.  It's the number of my Novell 3.12
server and is registered with the U.S. Department of Really Neat
Novell Server Addresses. :)

Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco Regional Networking Academy

Leigh Anne Chisholm wrote:

  When they get close to giving out Certification "C0FFEE", let me
  know.  I'll
  be there with bells on!  (-:

  Of
  > Priscilla Oppenheimer
  > Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 3:21 PM
  > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  > Subject: RE: Is this going to be a trend for the CCIE cert???
  [7:19296]

  > At 03:58 PM 9/10/01, Glenn Johnson wrote:
  > >While I agree that such an arbitrary distinction has the potential
  to be
  > >abused, this person is likely looking (hoping) for some
  > heightened level of
  > >snip
  > >
  > >Worst case scenario -- give the recruiter your number in HEX,
  maybe they
  > >will be unable to convert it properly :-)
  >
  > CNX numbers really were in Hex! Mine is 01CCDD. ;-)
  >
  > Priscilla
  >

  > >(just kidding of course)

  [7:19296]

  > >I was just cruising on the dice jobs board when something caught
  my
  > >attention.
  > >
  > >dice.com/DandL/k/ktii.213.html (paste into your browser)
  > >

  > >This is the first time that I've personally seen a recruiter
  > target a number
  > >range for a CCIE job!!!
  > >
  > >My question aloud is this -
  > >
  > >With the impending CCIE #10,XXX coming by next year are we going
  to find
  > >that there is going to be the perception that the higher your
  number the
  > >less value to the customer/employer/client.
  > >
  > >Of course, the headhunter/manager will never even comprehend
  > that the CCIE
  > >made today has a much broader range to cover as say the CCIE of
  > 3 to 5 years
  > >ago. NO, I NOT BASHING ANYONE JUST STATING A FACT.. :-)
  > >
  > >DAMN! I knew I should not have procrastinated for the past year
  before
  > >stepping up to the lab. I can just hear it now.
  > >
  > >Me: "Yes, I'm CCIE #xyz"
  > >
  > >Headhunter: "Thank you, but we're looking for a CCIE from block
  #abc"

  > >I hope this does not become the quid pro quo among
  > >managers/headhuters/recruiter or this could be a bad sign for the
  CCIE in
  > >the long run.
  > >

  > >Just MY percecption I guess!
  >
  > Priscilla Oppenheimer