I'm not sure of the capabilities on those 1601s but I think you have at
least two options:  Priority Queueing and Custom Queueing.  Can those
things do Weighted Fair Queueing?  If so, they already should be doing
an okay job with this.

Can the 1601s do policy routing?  If so, you could create a route-map
that sets the IP precedence of your telnet traffic higher.  Then it will
get more bandwidth when it hits the WFQ.  If you can't do that, I'd try
custom queueing.  If you're *really* serious about your telnet traffic
getting absolute priority over anything else no matter what then you
might also try priority queueing.

For configuration examples just look on www.cisco.com.   If you need
help with the configs just let us know.

HTH,
John

>>> "Andy Davidson"  11/1/01 10:15:42 AM

We have a network with one 2522 and 10 1601 routers set up in a hub
and
spoke arrangement. Our connections are relatively small 56k Frame
Relay.
My question is. Is there a way to give certain applications a higher
priority to the bandwidth available and have the other apps use what
ever is
left over.

Our main application runs a telnet session back to a unix box here at
the
main location. There are usually about 3-4 people at the remote
location.
Whenever anyone sends a large print job, does a large FTP, or is
browsing
the web it makes everyone else's telnet session at the remote site
VERY
SLOW. Since the telnet session is priority #1 for our business, I would
like
it very much if I could make my routers understand that.

Any ideas????

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

Andy