At 01:35 PM 11/2/01, VoIP Guy wrote:
>I would use CB-WFQ, over all the others because of the control you can
>create.
>
>Protrity queuing will "starve" out the other protocols if one is given
>priority over the others and it is busy.

Yes, but Telnet may not be so busy that it would cause a problem. It's true
that priority queuing would always check for Telnet traffic first, but if
there isn't any Telnet traffic, then it would move on. Telnet sends traffic
as someone types. Now, I can type 90 words a minute (though not with much
accuracy) but a lot of people can't type that fast. ;-)

Seriously, it would be a good idea to test to see if prioritizing Telnet
would cause a problem or not. It would depend on the number of users, their
usage patterns, and the applications they are using.

>Frame-relay Fragmentation (FRF.12) is an interleave and traffic shaping
>comand, and as such will minimize seialization

The original message is long gone but I think he said he had 64-Kbps links,
so the serialization delay to send long packets (while Telnet waits) is
significant.

>, but not prioritize.  I would
>use it, but in concert with WFQ.

WFQ would be enabled by default. I don't know about CB-WFQ though??

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com