Why go away from EIGRP? Are you putting in No'tell or something? (WARNING! 2
cents: If aint broke.....)

It seems that you may be able to place some those discontiguous nets into
some stub or  NSSA's. My gut thought is to limit the core router and one
interface "hop" as part of Area 0 and then begin to creat your areas and
summarize.

This is just a guess based on limited information and no drawings to look
at.

"But I could be wrong"
    - Dennis Miller

Best Regards,

Chris Watson, CCNP

""Mark Paterson""  wrote in message
> All,
>
>   I have a question that may have several answers, I have tried a few with
> varying results and would just like to see if anyone else has any
> suggestions. We run a Large Telco Data Backbone, most of which has been
run
> on OSPF and BGP. Our distribution and access layers contain layer three
> functionality. The first customer data MAN rings that were built used
EIGRP,