Ok Here it is, this is how we tackled the OSPF Aggregation problem.

 To properly aggregate addresses within an internal type OSPF advertisement
you must use the Area x range statement, this would not work because of the
multi area setup and non-contiguous addresses.
   Stabilization of area 0 was a must because of the service provider
environment, as well Link state changes would be constant due to customer
networks. This would prevent us from using standard type areas due to
routing table size and link state flapping. We needed to reduce the size of
area 0 with summarization on the ABR's and keep all routes local to the
areas to reduce the overall size of the routing table. We used NSSA areas
because of one major feature "type 7 LSA's". What this allowed us to do is
convert all routes to external type routes and aggregate the mutli areas on
the ABR's. External type routes can be summarized using a summary statement
with the summary being non area specific. To do this within an NSSA area you
simply add the statement redistribute connected with some sort of filter
like a prefix list and route map combination to prevent un-wanted routes, If
you have any static routes you redistribute the static routes with the
redistribute static statement with the same sort of filter control. This
will convert all the area routes to type 7 LSA's (which are external) and
allow you to summarize the routes with the summary-address command.

Cool Huh ...
Mark