From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
MADMAN
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: serial up/up w/o cable [7:27604]

Tell you what, I got it to work just fine:

interface Serial4/1/3
 no ip address
 no ip directed-broadcast
 ip route-cache distributed
 loopback
 no keepalive
 no cdp enable

C7507MIX#sh int ser 4/1/3
Serial4/1/3 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is cyBus Serial
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec, rely 255/255, load 1/255
  Encapsulation HDLC, crc 16, loopback set
  Keepalive not set
  Last input never, output never, output hang never
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: weighted fair
  Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
     Conversations  0/0/256 (active/max active/max total)
     Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
     0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
     3 carrier transitions
     RTS up, CTS up, DTR up, DCD up, DSR up

 Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"