I agree - do the CCNP....get your MBA. There is a glut of Cisco people at
the moment - no matter what country your are in. The MBA would probably be a
better choice in the long term - anyways, once you attain your CCNP level
(or CCIP) and you keep your skills current by practicing regularly you
should still be OK for the CCIE further down the track.

BTW - Tim? Drop the 'CCIE Written' 'bit' from you acronym collection...it
ain't cool no more :)