>BTW - Tim? Drop the 'CCIE Written' 'bit' from you acronym
collection...it
>ain't cool no more :)

BTW - Oliver?

   Appending "CCIE written" isn't to be "cool." It's not to pretend I'm
a CCIE. It's to let others know how far my progress is in achieving my
goal, where I'm at in an educational standpoint etc. It is purely a
shorthand version of "I have passed a CCIE written test." It would be
the equivalent of saying something like "I'm in college," if college and
studying to be a CCIE were comparable. In your head you can append
"Studied hard and passed a CCIE written exam." I'm not claiming to be a
CCIE, but I am claiming to be actively studying towards being one.

   As far as my certifications, I have studied very hard to earn them,
and in no sense are they simply an "acronym collection." In my case,
treating them as such is inappropriate.

   If you have further issues, please email me off-list.

Kind Regards,
Tim Booth
MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE written
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
Benjamin Franklin, 1759