Mark,

I should have mentioned, switch1 is at a campus site (100meters), and
switch4 is at a remote site. And exactly switch3 was added because they ran
out of ports.  At the moment there is no problems, however the Internet
connection is to be added soon.  The reason for putting it at the location
of switch4, that is the only location DSL is available.

Hope you had a Great Easter
KM