Although most of the latency comes from your wireless link and the ISP
connection, it still doesn't mean you shouldn't optimize the setup a bit.

You mentioned in a later email that the reason for switch2 and 3 is that
they needed more ports.  That's fine, and there's nothing wrong with that
type of configuration.  The only real problem here is that in a simple
network (without much redundancy that is...) all of your critical devices
should be plugged into the same switch so they can communicate over the fast
backplane of the switch.

For that reason, I would pick one of the two switches, and call it the
"core" switch.  Take switch2, since it obviously has the required fiber
ports already.  So on Switch2, plug in all your servers, key users, and
links to other switches & hubs (including the wireless bridge).  That way
all of the high-traffic devices are sharing the same physical switch.

[PC]---[Switch1]---Fiber---[Switch2]---[WirelessBridge]---distance2miles---[
WirelessBridge]---[4Switch10Mb]---[Router]---[ISPInternet]

                                            [Switch3]

Although that won't affect the speed of your Internet access (the ISP is
still the bottleneck), it reduces the number of points of failure (switch3
can fail without affecting any users except the ones plugged into switch3),
and might provide some speed increases for the network as a whole.

            -Travis

""KM Reynolds""  wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking at this configuration:

[PC]---[Switch1]---Fiber---[Switch2]---[Switch3]---[WirelessBridge]---distan