From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Brian Zeitz
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 11:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Configuring Pix with EnterNet DSL [7:43302]

I am going to try to hook up a Pix to an ADSL line with a dynamic IP,
this should be interesting. In the past I have tried Microsoft ISA
SERver 2000 Enterprise with ADSL, it had a lot of trouble binding the
packet filters cause the IP was dynamic. The fix, install a Netgear
router before the firewall.

Also for PPPoE testing purposes, Windows XP has the PPPoE stuff built in
it. All you need is a XP machine, and a DSL Modem. Use BroadBand
connection when creating an internet connection. Good when the service
provider INSISTs that you have 1 PC hooked up to the DSL modem. Even
though you own a business account. This is the biggest scam in the book,
but I don't pay the bill ;)

Now, I am going to try a Pix 515U, with an ADSL dynamic IP. I am not
sure what the results will be. I could buy another cheapy router, but
just to learn it, and see what results I get, im going to hook it up to
the DSL line. This is just for development. Eventually I will get real
cisco routers.

Also I had verizon change my ADSL Global Service provider. I was having
some routing problems within verizons network. Now I have Qwest, and
everything is cool. So ill try the pix with the new GSP. If anyone wants
to contact me about ADSL or pIx 515 stuff, feel free.