At 6:42 PM -0400 5/13/02, Rick wrote:
>Priscilla,
>I hate to differ with you on this Hybrid or not but the source says
>it is considered a Hybrid routing Protocol. check the link for yourself
>http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/en_igrp.htm
>
>I myself am not a fan Lammle, but on this one he is right and you are wrong
>and YES I said you are wrong! EIGRP is as much Link-State as it is Distance
>Vector.
>Rick

Abraham Lincoln once asked a fellow, "If you call a horse's tail a
leg, how many legs does a horse have?"

And the fellow answered "ummm...five."

Lincoln shook his head.  "No. Calling a tail a leg does not make it one."

Just looking at the URL above, it's pointing to the introduction to
internetworking, which is rarely updated and is not infrequently
misleading or wrong.  I suggest you look at current Cisco white
papers on routing protocols, Garcia-Luna-Alceves' academic paper, any
number of Networkers presentations, routing discussions in the IETF,
etc.

No one seriously uses the term hybrid, and there never was a
technical definition of it.  As opposed to Camelot being "one shining
moment," the use of "hybrid protocol" originated from a bubbling
cauldron of spin doctoring from marketing, parroting by training, and
perhaps a dark blessing by Sir Mordred.
--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not