Below is some information that i've pulled from Cisco.com

Summary
Cisco Systems's EIGRP is one of the most feature-rich and robust routing
protocols to ever be developed. Its unique combination of features blends
the best attributes of distance vector protocols with the best attributes of
link-state protocols. The result is a hybrid routing protocol that defies
easy categorization with conventional protocols.

EIGRP is also remarkably easy to configure and use, as well as remarkably
efficient and secure in operation. It can be used in conjunction with IPv4,
AppleTalk, and IPX. More importantly, its modular architecture will readily
enable Cisco to add support for other routed protocols that may be developed
in the future.

Enhanced IGRP relies on four fundamental concepts: neighbor tables, topology
tables, route states, and route tagging. Each of these is summarized in the
discussions that follow.

Other than the fact that cisco says EIGRP was developed from IGRP and they
will redistribute between themselves automatically. I don't see the
similarity between them. I struggle to see how EIGRP is anything like a
distance-vector protocol.

Tim