Neal,

I agree with you 100% the the CCIP is more relevent than the CCIE in the
service provider sphere.

However I think the CCIP has yet to attain the credability and recognition
of the CCIE. I think the reason Cisco probably introduced the CCIP is to
address the shortcomings of the CCIE in the service provider area. However,
since the CCIE is so coveted and since some many people have invested so
much in their CCIE's , i think Cisco probably didn't want to superceed the
CCIE with the CCIP.

Utimately, it will be up to the market to decide which certification is more
relevent in the future. Perhaps CCIE will become associated more with the
Enterpise arena and CCIP with the serivce provider arena.

Chris