I failed to make clear that the customer understands that he won't have
automatic failover.  I also understand that the advertised route will be no
good through the DSL provider.  However, he will still be able to transfer
files if the T1 goes down.  Maybe from a workstation or maybe we do some
config changes and tell users to ftp to another ip address (by then the T1
ISP will be back up,dah)  the ftp and ftp1 DNS entries is a good idea.

I am learning something though.  This doesn't seem worth all the trouble.
Unfortunately the customer is set on it and we've confirmed that it is
possible.  Dangerous client, he knows just enough to make our life hard, but
not enough to understand how unorthodox this is.  If anything, this is a
good drill for me, and all these posts are not only enlightening, but
interesting.  Beats the book I'm reading.