""Tim Medley""  wrote in message
> If you are serious about designing this netwoek and designing ir correctly
> for scalability and functionality, pick up a good network design book.
>
> My reccomendation is Top Down Network Design, by Priscilla Openheimer. U
> have two copies one at home and one at the office, I refer to this tome
> quite often. Great book, excellent methodology.

CL: a good book indeed. the irony here is that oftentimes, particularly in
smaller environments, the person who has to make these decisions is under a
severe time constraint, and does not have time to attain the background that
all of us study. back in the days when I was a network manager, I never had
time to learn this stuff. my own road to correct network thinking began
after I was downsized. :->