I'm putting in some rack time to review certain QoS features. Configuration
is not really a problem. MQC makes this really easy :->

However, I am attempting to observe results, and I am finding that I am
unable to make bad things happen, such as packet drops.

I am pinging from three different routers on a token ring to 3 other routers
via a 64K frame relay. The router that bridges the token ring and frame
networks has the policy configured.

class-map match-all pingr6
  match ip precedence 6
class-map match-all pingr7
  match ip precedence 7
class-map match-all pingr5
  match ip precedence 5
!
policy-map 200filter
  class pingr5
     police 8000 1500 1500 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
  class pingr6
     police 8000 1500 1500 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
  class pingr7
     police 8000 1500 1500 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
!
!
interface Serial0
 bandwidth 64000

( clockrate on the frame switch is set to 64K )

 ip address 192.168.50.1 255.255.255.0
 encapsulation frame-relay
 ip ospf priority 100
 service-policy output 200filter
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay map ip 192.168.50.2 102 broadcast nocompress
 frame-relay map ip 192.168.50.3 103 broadcast nocompress
 frame-relay map ip 192.168.50.4 104 broadcast nocompress
!

I'm using extended ping, and setting the packet size to 1500, and the ToS
bit to match the values in the class-maps.

Replies appear to be slow, but nothing is being dropped, as I would expect.
Even when I throw in traffic from the border router just to fill up
bandwidth.

Anyone got some thoughts on "proof of concept" for policing?

Chuck
--

www.chuckslongroad.info
like my web site?