Sensing how easy it would be for me to make the same mistake...

Does this mean the supervisor will come up with an existing
configuration before automatic synchronization takes place?

>>> "Larry Letterman"  10/17/02 09:02AM >>>
mad,
You are correct, teh second sup is the redundant sup...
the config for it is on itself. So when I replaced it
the new one was set for vlan 1 and that caused the issue.

Larry Letterman
Network Engineer
Cisco Systems Inc.

Of
> MADMAN
> Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 7:35 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Native VLAN 1 [7:55743]
>

> Since the config for the line cards resides on the sup there should
be
> no problem swapping out same line cards, if the native VLAN was
changed,
> the change will be employed on the new card also.
>
>   When you swapped out a standby sup in your example below I don't
quite
> understand what hapened.  The standby sup uplinks are active so what
> changed??  When you say you swapped out the sceondary sup the
redundant
> sup came up, isn't the secondary sup the redundant sup??
>
>   The greater point is though I agrre with Larry, leave the native
VLAN