I am curious about something.. if you can test it.

Is it that the connector is *loose* or it oxidizes?  If it's oxidizing, then
a shot of contact cleaner would be of help. I have salvaged several cisco
switches this way when the contacts in the ports get a film of oxide on
them. A cotton swab and a generous dose of cleaner can go long way. The
better cleaners have inhibitors in the spray to help prevent or least slow
down the rate of oxidation.

MikeS

--
Tutorials - Whitepapers - Security -  Wireless- News
Find me at www-dot-packetattack-dot-com

""Richard Deal""  wrote in message
> To all,
>
> I have the same problem with my 501 at home--the power connector that
Cisco
> developed is junk. Just touching the power connector (seated into the PIX)
> usually causes it to have conniptions.
>
> Cheers!
> --
>
> Richard A. Deal
>
> Visit my home page at http://home.cfl.rr.com/dealgroup/
>
> Author of Cisco PIX Firewalls, CCNA Secrets Revealed!, CCNP Remote Access
> Exam Prep, CCNP Switching Exam Cram, and CCNP Cisco LAN Switch
Configuration
> Exam Cram
>
> Cisco Test Prep author for QuizWare, providing the most comprehensive
Cisco