Amar KHELIFI wrote:

> sorry i don't agree.
> check the bandwidth calculator on the net, u will see that i
> was correct.
> + for the K and k and B and b, it is so obvious that an
> explanation is not
> necessary...........
> thanx for letting my messages show up normally and then respond

Amar KHELFI,

If you look at my original post, you will see that I was even guilty of
mucking this all up.  1KB does not equal 1024 bits as I said, but rather
1024 _BYTES_.  Again, 1024 vs. simply 1,000 in this case becuase of simple
exponential math in computers/software.  WAN links don't have that problem.

A kbit, in terms of memory or storage, would be 1024 bits.  But kbps, in
terms of WAN capacity or rate, refers to 10^3 bits rather than 2^10 bits.

I hope I now stand corrected...